Blog Archive

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Building a New PC - Part 2

For the next week, I auctioned the CPU, RAM and the GPU off eBay. This was my first time using eBay so I went online and searched up the prices other people have put up for the products that I was selling. Also, I looked some other useful hints about auctioning off eBay. I found out that, in order to have a good auction sell, I needed to start my auction around 7:30 PM on a Sunday and set to end in 7 days, also I set the price at a relatively low price. This tactic is very useful because around that time on Sunday, eBay gets the most traffic on their site, then, when the auction ends, it will end at another high-traffic time period. So when I started, I immediately got multiple watchers on my products, and closer to the end, they were bidding like crazy, because the auctions also end on a Sunday with lots of traffic.

After researching, I took multiple pictures for each product, and fill out as much information as possible on eBay and set the shipping for free (because when people are searching, it will show a banner that can attract people). For the CPU, I had an i5 4590, I set the starting price at $60; For the RAM, I had 16 GB DDR3 and set it at $40; lastly for the GPU, I had MSI GTX 960 4GB and set it at $60. For all of them, I didn't put up a buy-out price because I wanted to see how high people are willing to place their bid at. I thought maybe when there's no limitation, people are willing to bid higher than I predicted.

As it turns out, the final prices were $140, $90 and $135. They were all higher than I predicted. Before you think, the prices are so much lower than the original prices, you need to take account that these are old and outdated hardware. And I compared to other auction with the same products, by using my tactic, I even sold mine much higher than others who were experienced sellers with positive reviews.

Here are the photos I took:










To Be Continued...
Next episode -- Choosing my next PC parts and building it

Interested? Stay tuned for more this series and share this on social media. Thanks a lot and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment