Blog Archive

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Building a New PC - Part 1

About a month ago, I broke my first ever custom PC that I built for myself. It was over a year old, and I have cherished it ever since it's completion. However, I broke it when I was unplugging and cleaning the system case fans, I was suppose to fully turn off the computer and even the power supply unit (PSU). Instead, I made a extremely childish move by forgetting turning them off and leaving the PC on sleep mode. So after cleaning the fans, I installed the fans back in and realized the PC was refusing to turn back on, because the system keeps running for 2 seconds and then shuts down, and the cycle never ends. It was at that moment that I've realized that I (so-called) fried my motherboard.

After some thinking, I found out I have two options: either I spend a $100 on a old motherboard with 1150 socket and DDR3 RAM slot, or sell the CPU, RAM and the GPU then wait for AMD's Ryzen to come out in March 2nd. (This was back in mid February, and Ryzen chips were rumored to have much better performances at a faction of Intel's cost)

So I decided to sell the parts and leave the CPU cooler and SSD behind, because they can be used in my next PC build. Immediately, I jumped right on the Ryzen hype train just like 90% of the PC enthusiast.

Extra: I published a blog with all the Ryzen chip leaks (performance, price, etc)
Check it out here: Newly Leaked AMD Ryzen Full Lineup


To Be Continued...

Next episode -- How did I sold the PC parts at the highest price possible as a first time eBay seller?
                         Deciding what to buy for my next build.

Interested? Stay tuned for more of this series and share this on social media. Thanks a lot and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment